Since CBS/Paramount got my Star Trek Beverage prints shut down earlier this week (and a few other prints based off Star Trek), which was 75% of my Etsy shop and about 95% of my sales, I’ve been thinking of a new series to start and put up in it’s place.
I wanted to make something original. Something not based on Star Trek, something not based on a series or movie or something not with a giant fandom. My art tends to be fan art I guess? I don’t know, if you look through my shop it’s all stuff inspired Star Wars, Willow, In Bruge, Blade Runner, Hackers… eventually I’d like to get away from that.
I do still want my shop to be heavily inspired by Science Fiction, but eventually I want about 90% of my shop to be original material.
This piece is the beginning of that.
This is the first part in seven part series where I want to explore the relationship between music, shape, and color. How could I translate a musical piece into a visual composition?
This series sets out to essentially translate the seven different movements from Holst’s Planet series into a visual composition. Not all of them will be the same obviously. They’ll all have different compositions, shapes, colors, and moods. And these translations I’m doing, they aren’t scientific, and they aren’t final because in your mind you might visualize it more different than I do! It’s essentially; this how they make me feel and these are the colors these movements make me see.
The first movement in the series, Mars - The Bringer of War, is literally a bringer of war. The movement starts out calm and a little mysterious, and then just erupts into a very repetitive but chaotic score. Listening to it you can imagine two armies on the field of battle, getting closer and closer, and then eventually they meet in the middle of the field and chaos and death ensues. The first movement to me; is war, is chaos, is death, is repetition, is dark, and is fierce.
And hopefully I was able to convey that in this piece.
If you’ve read this far, THANK YOU! You’re awesome. Look out for the other six coming in the next few months. I want to take my time with these pieces.
I want to sell this as a print, but not yet… I have to go to my normal guy and see how it prints out first. When it becomes available, I’ll let you know. I would eventually like to have the entire series available.
- princehollow likes this
- whatistigerbalm reblogged this from dangerousdays
- elloimjac reblogged this from fuckyeahsciencefiction
- hard-wired-info likes this
- 500c reblogged this from designstore
- miratara likes this
- mrflorey likes this
- peppermintgentleman likes this
- oprimer likes this
- seltzerlizard likes this
- somnbody likes this
- koulrophobia reblogged this from fuckyeahsciencefiction
- tumblgarden likes this
- sunlightning likes this
- theherocomplex likes this
- playfuleye likes this
- romegacode likes this
- joshvolz reblogged this from fuckyeahsciencefiction
- se-van likes this
- solaricist likes this
- lamore-poilamusica reblogged this from peakcapitolism and added:
- peakcapitolism reblogged this from fuckyeahsciencefiction
- designstore reblogged this from fuckyeahsciencefiction
- beautifulpropaganda likes this
- fuckyeahsciencefiction reblogged this from dangerousdays
- androidghost likes this
- whoareyoutotellme reblogged this from dangerousdays
- whoareyoutotellme likes this
- phantasrs likes this
- ashemountain likes this
- dangerousdays posted this